Monday 10 June 2013

Self- Reflection

The question I repeated in my head almost daily, until I finally got the hang of it. What is self-reflection?
Now I'm really excited to explain it to you and It's something I'm clearly very passionate about, I'll tell you why .....
BUT WAIT, Lets back up a little bit before I tell you that,..... back to the question, (Now, what is self-reflection? Why do we need this? What's so important about it all, oh what's the big fuss?

I think its best I begin to explain the term self- reflection first.
Human self-reflection is the capacity of humans to exercise introspection and the willingness to learn more about their fundamental nature, purpose and essence. The earliest historical records demonstrate the great interest which humanity has had in itself. Human self-reflection invariably leads to inquiry into the human condition and the essence of humankind as a whole. man self-reflection is related to the philosophy of consciousness, the topic of awareness, consciousness in general and the philosophy of mind.

Okay Lady Couture but what does this have to do with me?

I say everything... See it's important for all of us to do the basic ground work before we can figure it all out.....
.. and the basis to start is by self - Reflection. Now don’t be fooled self-reflection is not all smooth sailing, it can be an intense and rocky process whereby you uncover not only the good about who you are but also the scary little bad bits. The great thing about Embarking on a reflection trip is that you can identify all imperfections and as I call them, development areas to change yourself into the beautiful butterfly you dream to be. It is not an easy challenge to take on and it is best to wait until you are truly ready to make some serious life changing developments. It will definitely help you to become more Assertive in communication styles and float easier through life. In the end, it all it boils down to building that place inside ourselves, the place we call our self-esteem. That you can only find by finding out who you really are. Let's face it, no matter who you are, we all have dreams, hopes and goals and its sad that only some get to really achieve them. I ask why is this, Is it because they know it all? They are the most hardworking? They are meant too? AND my answer to these three questions always comes back the same. The answer is.... NO!. No they are not but I do believe that there is a common factor that most achievers hold. Ask them, they will all tell you echo they are! My point in the whole blah blah blah is....

Start Self-reflection!!!!!!!!! .......The sooner you start the better.

here's How I self-reflected today...

I found my self in a bath hot bath, I'm one who simply loves hot baths, (thinking, how I've been waiting all day for this warm bath with lots of bubblebath, and hot water) that's the way I like it :) .. As I'm lying in the warm foamy water. I washed myself down just twice from head to toe with cool silky liquid body wash. Before you know it, I got out up and ready to towel down, ...

I had this sudden thought, it hit me..(An influx of questioning running thru my head)... Why am I getting out of this bath so soon when I waited all day to be here? Why is my heart racing right now? I placed my hand next to my head and felt a trimbling of emotions..as if I didn't know how to handle this bath)....

now then, right then and there I questioned myself., is it cos u love this? Is cos u there, waited so long to get what u have right now the bubble bath of your day, the one thing that makes ur day?.. Is that your about to run away?

I immediately reffered and compared this to my life, I questioned myself, why do I run away from things that make me feel good? Why do I work absolutely hard to get what I want and just when I'm almost there, I let a little bit of heat frighten me away?...
BACK TO THE STORY>>>

So I than decided to sit on the side of the bath.. There's no way I'm getting out of this bath right now, there's no way I'm running away from goodness anymore.. I sat there on the side of the bath with my legs half way in the water and the rest of me out of the heat wave. Some more body wash on my peach colored wash cloth, and washed my legs down. I soon got into the enjoyment again once I have declared to myself that YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE...hehehe!

For a moment there I felt a sence of achievement. My legs were still in the water at least I didn't go.. The lather felt so good on my skin. So there I was thinking... (Even though I'm not fully immerged in the water , at least my legs are still in there!) I soon jumped back in the water..

It hit me, I was back, back in my goodness and all of a sudden the heat wasn't so much.. It just felt perfect.. fully emerged in the water, I kept thinking and saying out loud to myself..(This is indeed the longest and nicest bath I've ever had!)...

A sudden memory just popped up, made me think back to when my last time I had a bath like this. I was in my teen years.., and immediately I knew I was beginning to open new doors and even opening shut ones too.

I'm on a new journy and self discovery is about to revele the real me to me like I can never imagine.... I'm on my way, and scared of what I'm about to discover about me, but not even the fear is gonna stop me this time. I'm to ready to find me!....
BACK TO THE STORY>>>

I then proceeded to the room to put some lotion on and get dressed. Here I was standing in front of the mirror and looking at me. Asking myself, what is it that you see? I couldn't answer that question. Guess because I'm not there yet. This didn't bother me much so I proceded with placing some lotion on my hand. I started rubbing the lotion on to my face and there it was, another light bulb moment...

...( Mmmmmhhh this feels so good, can't I keep doing that?, like forever??)..this thought stuck with me and the more it suck, the longer I kept on rubbing my face, I soon felt like I was drifting away to aaaahaaaa zone, no its lala land, no wait maybe heaven??.. What ever I was it, didn't matter much cos all that seemed to matter this moment was the feeling on my face and the realisation that pleasing me right now. It's my no1 priority, I satrted referencing this to my life, why do I expect people to be nice to me? Why do I expect touch from other, just because I like touch??..

The realization started there and my self-reflection gain is:
I should be nice to me more often, I shuould be touching me..cos see here, I know just how too!... This self-discovery thing is becoming way interesting..

As I walked to the lounge to get my conditioner I walked and somewhat spopped for a while cos all of a sudden I felt this humagus influx of love, peace and clarity?? What's this? Why am I feeling so high? .. Could it be that I'm falling inlove with me?.. Could it be that I'm feeling all this love for myself.. And there it hit me... I feel like this Because I was nice to me, I did something to please me, and now I'm grateful to myself. We project this kind of energy all the time, by thanking and being grateful for what others do for us or when its returned, I just did that by l that by being really nice to the self. When you look into the power of this energy, you'll find that it should absolutely be treasured as it just produces more good in one's life... And now I know how to project it in self!

I like the, Nice to me thing, It all starts with simply acknowledgment and the rest is history!




Be inspired!!






No comments:

Post a Comment